Volunteers play a huge role in sport and physical activity, without them clubs, teams and sessions across Derbyshire would not happen. Volunteers also play a vital role in helping others get and stay active, whether it's a family member, a friend or someone they care for.
Within this section you will find information on how you can register to volunteer, search for volunteering opportunities and get support as a current volunteer. There is also information on the IMPACT inclusive volunteering project, running throughout 2016.
How you can Activate Derbyshire
You can Activate Derbyshire in different ways:
- LEAD - people who lead activity, training or competition e.g. referees or coaches.
- SUPPORT - people who support others to be physically active e.g. going jogging with a friend
- HELP - people who help within clubs, events and groups e.g. fundraising, ground maintenance or photography.
Tell us how you Activate Derbyshire
We would like to hear how you help to Activate Derbyshire by Tweeting us on the Active Derbyshire Twitter page using the hash tag #ActivateDerbyshire
Alternatively you can post a message on the Active Derbyshire Facebook page - post a photo of you helping at an event or down at your local club.
Read stories here about how Derbyshire volunteers have helped people take part in sport and physical activity:
- Read Jennifer's story about her experience of being a Clydesider at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games that led her to become a Join In Local Leader.
- Read Sam's story about being a Young Ambassador in Derby and his experience volunteering in school and his local community.
- Read about the Derbyshire Young Coaches Academy - set up to support young leaders develop their coaching skills.
- Read how Jamie has gained confidence in volunteering at his local club.