Sportivate gives participants aged between 11 and 25 the chance to receive six to eight weeks of coaching in a sport of their choice.
Sportivate offers funding for providers to set up projects aimed at encouraging more 11 to 25-year-olds who aren’t doing sport in their own time to become more active and involved in sport.
Funding is available for activities that are six to eight weeks in length where the target is to get participants to attend (be retained) five out of six, six out of seven or seven out of eight of the sessions.
Applications for Sportivate funding for projects are now currently closed.
When it is open, projects will only be considered if they:
- Reflect the principles within the latest Sport England Youth Insight
- Aimed at 11 to 25-year-olds
- Focus on the inactive, women/ girls and 19-25 year olds
- Have sustainable exit routes
- Show clear evidence of demand
- Demonstrate how the project will attract and cater for that specific target group
- Satisfy the usual Sportivate requirements, such as no more than 20% funds for equipment costs
Sportivate Innovation Fund
The innovation fund is an additional pot of funding aimed at delivering ‘cutting-edge’ projects that result in long term participation by young people.
Projects might target a hard-to-reach group, be larger, smaller, expensive or meet wider objectives alongside those of Sportivate. The application process will be competitive and will reward the most forward thinking, innovative organisations.
Providers are encouraged to use the youth insights pack before developing an innovation fund projects which should focus on innovative ways to reach young people.
Innovation fund projects must target those young people who are irregularly active or consistently inactive.