South Derbyshire Cycle Action Plan 2016 - 2021 is produced
South Derbyshire District Council has produced the South Derbyshire Cycle Action Plan 2016 – 2021, which fits below The Derbyshire Cycling Plan and will help deliver at a local level.
The vision for cycling in South Derbyshire is: To ensure South Derbyshire provides for its residents a cycle friendly environment offering opportunities to enable people of all ages to cycle regularly for leisure, active travel, commuting or sport.
Aligning to the Derbyshire Cycling Plan (2016-2030), the strategic aims for South Derbyshire are:
- Infrastructure Connectivity – providing high quality connective routes, economic investment and growth
- Increased Participation – more people cycling more often, developing behavioural changes to make cycling part of everyday life
- Effective Communication and Marketing – clear, co-ordinated communication for all residents to enable people to cycle more regularly
- Advocacy – policy implementation and change
The South Derbyshire plan has been produced following consultation with a number of statutory and voluntary agencies and will be supported on an annual basis by an action plan with specified targets for delivery.
Targets by 2021 include:
- Increase in participation 1 x month from 5.5% - 11%, 1 x week from 3% - 7%, 3 x week from 1.8% - 4.5% and 5x a week from 1.4% - 3%
- Series of eight family rides per annum
- 3,500 Bikeability places delivered
- Two new greenways completed and open to public
- 10% increase in cycle leaders /volunteer guides trained and delivering activities
A copy of the South Derbyshire Cycle Action Plan 2016 – 2021 can be downloaded below.
- South Derbyshire Cycle Action Plan 2016 - 2021 (PDF, 637 Kb)