Primary School PE and Sport Funding
School PE plays an active part in any child's education.
PE and School Sport Premium
All primary schools will receive an annual PE and Sport Premium until at least 2017, with funding agreed in principle until 2020.
The vision for the premium is: All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The objective is: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
Indicators of improvement should include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
You can view the Derbyshire PE and Sport Premium Guide below.