Move more tips
A little exercise can make a big difference.
- It's important do strength exercises on two days of the week that work all the major muscles (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders and arms).
- A great way to start is to download the Couch to 5K app now. It has been designed to get you off the couch and running in just nine weeks. Grab your trainers and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Being active is really good for your body, mind and health - and there are lots of easy ways you and your family can get moving.
- If you don't do enough exercise, you increase your risk of getting heart disease and some types of cancer. Getting some exercise each day can also help prevent depression and dementia.
- It's easy to move more and doing something is better than nothing. Start small and build up gradually.
- For more information, and to take the online health quiz click here.