Derbyshire Sport's commitment
We're committed to promoting safe opportunities.
Derbyshire Sport is committed to promoting safe opportunities to take part in sport in Derbyshire and Derby. We are committed to ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We will achieve this by:
- demonstrating best safeguarding practice when core staff, volunteers or others provide services, activities and programmes for children, young people and vulnerable adults,
- working with partners to establish and agree consistent minimum safeguarding standards,
- requiring individuals or organisations funded by us to meet specified safeguarding standards,
- promoting safeguarding good practice and principles to the wider partnership and
- meeting and sustaining the Child Protection in Sport Unit's (CPSU) Standards for Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport.