Club and Volunteer Plan
Derby Ducks are one of thousands of clubs across the county.
Understanding clubs and volunteering
The Club and Volunteer plan was produced by Derbyshire Sport in November 2014 in order to understand how clubs and volunteers can help to increase participation and what support they require to do this.
Four key findings and solutions were outlined through the plan:
- Theme 1: Support for volunteers is uncoordinated and not diverse enough
- Theme 2: Over formalisation of products and processes creates barriers
- Theme 3: Club's don't have the people they need to grow and resources are not focused on recruiting them
- Theme 4: Existing club information is disjointed and evidence of a club's impact is lacking.
Four key recommendations were identified that will help clubs and volunteers fulfil their potential to increase participation in Derbyshire:
- Identify and secure resource to support a broader range of clubs and their volunteers
- Champion support for a broader range of clubs
- Broker relationships and the provision of support between different organisations
- Co-ordinate delivery of countywide provision of support to a broader range of clubs and volunteers
In addition to these recommendations, a number of potential solutions were identified, full details of these are listed in the plan. Derbyshire Sport are working with partners to address the recommendations in order to improve the support that clubs and volunteers receive.
- Club And Volunteer Plan (PDF, 3.4 Mb)