Challenge and Compete
The competition is stiff across Derbyshire.
If you're enjoying riding your bike, why not challenge yourself, by entering an event or competition?
It's a great way to stay motivated and give a focus to your riding. The atmosphere and camaraderie of a sportive, or the satisfaction of completing a race will make all the training worth while.
The Derbyshire terrain can push you hard and take you to great places.
Events and challenges
You can find out about cycling events and challenges in lots of ways.
- Visit our club and activity search for a local event to suit you.
- British Cycling offers a broad range of events across a whiole hosts of disciplines, from BMX to cyclo-cross.
- Visit the 2015 Peak District and Derbyshire 'Summer of Cycling' website for led rides, events and festival information.
The Summer or Cycling runs between June and August.
- Cycling Clubs are a great way to become a better rider, find like-minded people, and the encouragement to enter events, challenges and races.
- Facebook pages and groups: search around on Facebook, and you should find your local group or club, or relevant pages to follow, which will keep you right up to date with details of Sportives, Challenges, races and mass participation events.
Tour of Britain 2015
Don't forget that the Tour of Britain comes through several parts of Derbyshire on Friday September 11, 2015, giving spectators the chance to see some of the best road cyclists in the world at close quarters.
Watch out for regular updates on the Derbyshire Sport website on how you can get the most out of the day and for more information, visit the Tour of Britain website.
Who to follow?
For regular information on events and challenges, you can follow Cycle Derbyshire, Cycle Derby, Pedal Peak District, British Cycling and lots of others on Facebook and Twitter.